Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring is Coming


Even though the weather has been a bit iffy, signs of spring are showing up in little places. Snowdrop and crocus-like flowers are popping out of the ground in little clusters making way for future spring flowers.  The shops in the villages are starting to decorate for spring; little bunnies and eggs are in the window displays enticing me to come in and buy a bit of spring for the still mostly overcast days.  Before my dad got here, I purchased some tulips to put on the table-they stayed beautiful for over a week!  Yesterday my dad picked up some more tulips, apricot-colored this time.  It just brightens up the room!  Thanks, Dad; I needed that pick-me-up.

2 comments:

seaglass said...

Hi, Great to have the blog to see what you are all up too. The quilt looks super. I printed the photo of the "Little Gargoyles" to put up in my classroom. Too cute. Can't wait till we get there to see some of what you are seeing. Only a few weeks.

The Ward Family said...

The crocus' and dafodills are starting to creep up here and the trees have little buds on them. Amazing considering we have only had a few days where the temps have been above 30.