Monday, March 9, 2009

An Abundance of Blocks

Crazy weather today-we had a bit of everything except warm weather. It rained, snowed, had a frozen mix, and a bit of sunshine; all that said, it was a day to stay inside. I spent time picking up the downstairs, went grocery shopping (I don't consider that going out because I go from garage to parking structure and back), did 3 days worth of Bible Study-then my reward came! I got to work on this project in black, red, and cream. This "Scrappy Friends" quilt kit was assembled at least 4 years ago and I'm just now working on it. It's my goal to finish up all the projects I have before buying any more. (All my quilting friends know what I'm talking about.) I spent about 2 hours quilting and then set up my design wall to arrange the blocks. Brilliant idea, to see how scrappy the blocks would look before sewing them all together. I got them up there, but the bottom half of the blocks kept falling off. What to do now? Just grab them in any order and sew, sew, sew. I finished the inside of the quilt, now I have the outer border made out of pinwheel blocks; I'm beginning to think this will never end.

4 comments:

William S. Postma said...

I like that quilt but I think it would be extra specialol with a white cross in the center.

Vonnie said...

Steph

I love the quilt - I have been spending a lot of my "free" time quilting. Any chance I can get the pattern? We have canceled our trip to Europe this summer. Maybe we can still make it over before you leave. Keep up the blog - it is really good to hear how you are doing. Vonnie

The Ward Family said...

Love the quilt. Can't wait to see the finished project. I finished the American Jane quilt last week. Went to the little quilt shop here that mark lipinski worked at. Did I say little? It was, but very fun. They didn't have my fabric I needed for binding and backs though.

Miss Tina said...

beautiful my Steph...I need to finish my Scrappy Friends......my S.F. is purple......love your blog.